LSI PhD Programme
The Living Systems Institute (LSI) hosts four fully-funded PhD studentship on an annual basis.
- An interdisciplinary training programme tailored to the individual student
- Fully-funded places including personal stipend and training budget
- The opportunity to formulate your own project
- A supervisory team from different disciplines
- A modern, inclusive environment that is passionately committed to your development.
- Leading-edge approaches including genome editing, advanced imaging, stem cell biology, mathematical modelling, neuroscience, single-cell/molecule technologies
- A thriving community of over 60 PhD students
Who we’re looking for
Modern scientific innovation involves the integration of diverse disciplines and the bridging of pure and application-oriented research. This requires a new generation of scientists who are trained to think and experiment beyond traditional boundaries.
We wish to recruit the best and most imaginative students from across the full range of disciplines working within LSI – Biologists, Physicists, Mathematicians, Computational Scientists and Engineers using cutting-edge technologies.
Your PhD project
Examples of potential interdisciplinary research projects will be listed for the new intake at the end of 2022. However, we would also welcome your own ideas.
How to apply
A link to the application website can be found here at the end of 2022
If you have any inquiries in the meantime please contact:
Director of Postgraduate Research (LSI), Steven West: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional scholarship opportunity for students from China
We welcome all application from China via the China Scholarship Council (CSC).
You can apply either for one of the co-supervised projects above or to a project with an individual supervisor.
More information about special project for CSC students can be found here at the end of 2022.